Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sister In Law Saw




I found another awesome mixed media blog that hosts challenges, Mixed Media Mojo. The challenge is to use stamps and 2 different mediums. So many choices!

Yes, this is a saw. My sister in law asked me to create something, anything using this saw. I accepted the challenge (can you tell I like a challenge?) and went at it. 

First I used Mod Podge to adhere the scrapbook paper to the saw and then layered more paper and some photos of my in-laws. I recycled the photos from their Christmas cards they sent my husband and I (we art people never know what we will use until we have that Aha moment). I wanted to honor her and her family because they are just good, sweet peoples. No horror stories here about in-laws, all of mine are wonderful. Lucky for me!

Anyway, I added some embellishments, some Radiant Rain misted flowers, and some brown distress ink (Tim Holtz) and used 2 different stamps I picked up from Jo-Anne's dollar bin. Score! 

My saw didn't look finished at this point so I decided it needed some gesso around the entire edge. I think it pops now!


All I have left to do is show it to my sis in law. Hope she loves it! I had a blast creating this for her! Loves!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and remember: pretty much anything can be used in mixed media. That is why is it so much fun! 

Carpe Diem!~€

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I can't believe you used a saw! This is really cool! Love what you did. Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge at Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Maria. It was a fun project and my SIL loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unique! And, very cleverly done, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous....Such a neat idea. Thanks so much for joining the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tameko. Who knows what we will use with mixed media! It always keeps you guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that has to be the coolest thing ever! I love how you used a saw, that is using your brain creatively!! what a wonderful piece to hang on your wall, love it! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Amber! Thank you. At first I didn't know what to do with it then I looked at my fridge and saw the old Christmas cards with pictures and viola!

    ReplyDelete