Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Steampunk the iPhone

Steampunk the iPhone!

I love Steampunk and I was looking into purchasing an iPhone cover with a Steampunk flair. Epic fail. The price of an awesome cover was outrageous to my financially conscientious mind (bargain shopper here) and I said, "Hey! I can make my own!" 

started by purchasing a clear cover (Amazon for $1.99) and cutting a piece of brown leather to fit the outside frame of the clear case. TIP: use the clear cover that protects your iPhone screen as a template.
 

After I cut the leather in my desired shape, I applied E6000 to the back of the clear case and stuck the leather to the case. I then used my metal gears and cogs (Tim Holtz) to make my design. I glued these pieces onto the leather with E6000 as well. 



Epic WIN! You can try this for any phone cover. Enjoy!~€

2 comments:

  1. I know a few friends of mine that would really like to own something like this. Is the E6000 stuff water proof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. According to the manufacturer, E6000 can be submerged in fresh and salt water after fully curing. I used real leather on my case and am not sure that submerging leather in water would be okay. The gears/cogs are metal.

    ReplyDelete